There are several major social issues affecting the church today. Not only are they causing confusion, but they are also often hidden beneath the surface, shaping the life of a congregation in ways that are difficult to recognize. But transformation is possible if we’ll face these issues directly, seeking to notice how God is at work in the midst of these issues to renew life.
We can face these issues by understanding our local context, listening and learning from a variety of voices, telling the truth about ourselves, and taking action in solidarity with those who are suffering.
The five challenges we talk about in this episode are:
- Racism in the church and in the world
- Sexism and patriarchy
- Christian nationalism
- Gender and sexual diversity
- Religious trauma and spiritual abuse
- The article we reference and discuss on today’s episode: How to Address the Challenges the Church Faces Today
Connect with Gravity Leadership
- Leave us a message or ask a question about this or any other episode and we’ll answer it on a future episode.
- Join our online community for free to get a curated list of interesting and edifying links each week, plus all kinds of other goodies.
- Check out the Gravity Commons, a place to connect and learn with others in the Gravity community.
- Check out Gravity Leadership Academy, our 12-month training intensive for Christian leaders who want to bring lasting transformation to their culture.
- Are you interested in advertising on the Gravity Leadership Podcast? Contact us at email@example.com.
Leave a Reply