*CONTENT WARNING*: domestic abuse, pornography, rape.
Sheila Gregoire and Sarah McDugal discuss some of the harmful myths about sex and marriage that are perpetuated by Christians, especially those under the moniker “purity culture,” and ways toward a more healthy and holistic view of bodies, sex. and marriage. This was a liberating Gravity Commons LIVE conversation on the truth of sex and marriage from a Christian perspective.
Sarah McDugal is an author, abuse recovery coach, and co-founder of Wilderness to WILD, working exclusively with women recovering from trauma in the faith community. She received her Master’s degree in International Development from Andrews University, and developed a mobile app with life-changing tools for TraumaMAMAs. Sarah has published seven books, including Myths We Believe, Predators We Trust, Safe Churches: Responding to Abuse in the Faith Community, Abuse Advocacy: A Quick Visual Guide, and Understanding and Implementing Sexual Misconduct Policy. She is the founder of Wilderness to WILD which provides coaching, courses, and resources for women recovering from trauma in 45 countries.
Sheila Wray Gregoire is the face behind ToLoveHonorandVacuum.com, the largest single-blogger marriage blog. She’s also an award-winning author of nine books, including The Good Girl’s Guide to Great Sex and her latest book, The Great Sex Rescue, was featured in the New York Times Book Review, Publishers Weekly, and the Washington Post. You can pre-order her upcoming book The Good Guy’s Guide to Great Sex: Because Good Guys Make the Best Lovers.
Show notes / links:
- Join us for an Enneagram Transformation Workshop in Fredericktown, Missouri on March 19
- We will be at Half the Church Conference in New York City March 18-19
- We are hosting Attached to God Event with Krispin Mayfield (on Spiritual Attachment Styles) on June 4
- TraumaMAMAs app waitlist link
- Wilderness to Wild safe support community groups
From our sponsor
- Check out our newly-launched Gravity Commons, a place to connect and learn with others in the Gravity community.
- Check out Gravity Leadership Academy, our 12-month training intensive for Christian leaders who want to bring lasting transformation to their culture.
Are you interested in advertising on the Gravity Leadership Podcast? Contact Gino Curcuruto at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Connect with Gravity Leadership
Join our online community (FREE) to get a curated list of interesting and edifying articles each week, plus free resources for leading like Jesus, living on mission, and making disciples. Head to https://gravityleadership.com/join or fill out the form below to join us.
Also check out Gravity’s recipe page!