We talked with Sheila Gregoire about the common lies we believe about sex, and how to move toward sex that is mutual, intimate, and pleasurable, for both women and men.
Sheila is passionate about changing the evangelical conversation about sex. A popular speaker, marriage blogger, and award-winning author of seven books, including The Great Sex Rescue, she wants to challenge Christians to go beyond pat answers on marriage to reach real intimacy. Connect and find more resources from Sheila on her website and Twitter.
- NOTE: At 21:45, Shelia mentioned that Boundaries in Marriage was a helpful book for helping women learn they could say “no” to sex. She also misnamed the other book that does this. The correct book is The Gift of Sex (not Sacred Marriage).
- We mentioned this Twitter thread from Sheila.
Connect with Gravity Leadership
Want to stay connected with us? Here are a few ways:
- Support out work on Patreon and get access to our Practitioner Podcast
- Check out Gravity Leadership Academy, our 10-month training intensive for Christian leaders who want to bring lasting transformation to their culture.
- Join our online community (FREE) to get a curated list of interesting and edifying articles each week, plus free resources for leading like Jesus, living on mission, and making disciples. Fill out the form below to join us.
A special Thank You to our Membership Community on Patreon who help make this podcast possible:
Skeeter Seifert, David Veenstra, Jackie Harden, Brian Smith, Ron McGowin, Michael Linsner, Parker Williams, Sue Nellis, Craig Conaway, Lana, Jay, Matthew Aldas, Dan Bredberg, Catherine Savard, Jerry Bowling, Cody Reeder, Mike Scott, Andrew Boness, Rich & Heather Cordero, Mike and Christy Trabun, Robert H Lackie, Laura Moon, Matt Tebbe, Dr. Phillip Martin Corbell, Jenny Hackman Arnerl, David Stravers, Bryan Mills, Steve Earnshaw, Jesse Harden, Eric Nordgren, Matthew Young, Gino Curcuruto, Carla Daehnke, Greg Arthur, and others!