We talk with Sarah Bessey about themes from her bestselling collaborative book A Rhythm of Prayer: A Collection of Meditations for Renewal, which celebrates and gives voice to traditions of prayer for people like us: overworked, overpressured, and edging burnout.
Sarah Bessey is the author of the best-selling and critically acclaimed books Jesus Feminist (2013); Out of Sorts: Making Peace with an Evolving Faith (2015); and Miracles and Other Reasonable Things (2019).
Along with her friends, the late Rachel Held Evans and Jim Chaffee, Sarah co-founded Evolving Faith. She now co-leads the community and conference alongside Jeff Chu. Sarah is also the co-host of The Evolving Faith Podcast and also serves as chair of the board for Heartline Ministries in Haiti. Based in Port au Prince, Heartline is committed to empowering Haitian families through complete maternal and infant health care, education, vocational training, and economic development.
Her writing has appeared in The Washington Post, The Huffington Post, The High Calling, Conversations Journal, ChurchLeaders.com, CT Women: Christianity Today’s Blog for Women, Today’s Christian Woman.
Sarah lives in Calgary, Alberta, Canada with her husband of twenty years have four children. She’s a pseudo-hermit bookworm, an enthusiastic knitter, tea-drinker, hockey fan, total hugger, endlessly fascinated with Jesus, an embarrassing fan-girl for the TV programmes Doctor Who and Schitt’s Creek.
Her latest collaborative book, The New York Times, Publisher’s Weekly, and Globe and Mail Bestseller A Rhythm of Prayer: A Collection of Meditations for Renewal.
You can connect with Sarah and learn more about her work on her website sarahbessey.com.
Connect with Gravity Leadership
- Leave us a message or ask a question about this or any other episode and we’ll answer it on a future episode.
- Join our online community for free to get a curated list of interesting and edifying links each week, plus all kinds of other goodies.
- Check out the Gravity Commons, a place to connect and learn with others in the Gravity community.
- Check out Gravity Leadership Academy, our 12-month training intensive for Christian leaders who want to bring lasting transformation to their culture.
- Are you interested in advertising on the Gravity Leadership Podcast? Contact Gino Curcuruto at firstname.lastname@example.org.