For our final episodes of the year, we are reflecting on and re-publishing 3 of our favorite interviews from our archive of 90+ episodes (!!).
Today’s “redux” is Episode 35 back in October of 2018, an interview with Brad Jersak where we explore whether we can trust that God is love 100% of the time. And what do we do with all the wrath-y stuff? We interview Brad Jersak about the unique experiential way he learned to trust that God really is love, and that his love has the power to forgive and redeem the worst of our sin.
Brad Jersak is an author and teacher based in Abbotsford, BC. He serves as a reader and monastery preacher at All Saints of North America Orthodox Monastery. He also occasionally teaches at The Bridge in Abbotsford. Through his books and seminars, Brad shares the good news that God is Love, perfectly revealed in Jesus Christ. He teaches others how to encounter God through the practice of ”listening prayer,” through which God’s love heals wounded hearts and empowers us to heal this broken world.
A few links from today’s episode:
- Join our Membership Community on Patreon.
- Bring us to your city for a Gravity Leadership Workshop
- BradJersak.com – resources and info about Brad’s ministry
- Christianity Without the Religion, the magazine Brad is the editor-in-chief for
- A More Christlike God: A More Beautiful Gospel, by Brad Jersak
- Her Gates Will Never Be Shut: Hope, Hell, and the New Jerusalem, by Brad Jersak
- Can You Hear Me? Tuning In to the God Who Speaks, by Brad Jersak (this is the book where Brad lays out the healing prayer process he references on our podcast)
- Clarion: A Journal of Spirituality and Justice, an online journal where Brad writes
- God is like Jesus (our 2nd missional theology axiom)
- Gravity Leadership Academy | we’re always starting new cohorts!
Become a patron
Gravity Leadership is a community of leaders who are learning to lead like Jesus, live on mission, and make disciples in the post-Christendom world. If you’d like to connect more deeply and partner with us in our work, check out our Membership Community on Patreon.
You can partner with us for as little as $5 per month, and there are some pretty great perks involved if you support us at a higher level, including our patron-only Practitioner Podcast and monthly Learning Labs.
The Membership Community is a way for you to be more connected to others who share your values. It’s a way for you to be able to share what you’re learning and learn from others. It’s a way to be part of our work.
Learn to lead like Jesus
And if you’d like to dive in “all the way” with us, check out Gravity Leadership Academy, our 10-month training intensive for Christian leaders who want to bring lasting transformation to their culture.
If you found this episode of the Gravity Leadership Podcast helpful, please let us know by leaving a rating and review on iTunes, or wherever you review podcasts. You can also contact us to ask a question or suggest a topic for a future episode.
Join our community
And fill out the form below to join the Gravity Leadership Community. You’ll get a curated list of interesting and edifying articles every week, plus FREE resources for leading like Jesus, living on mission, and making disciples.