Nationally recognized speaker and church leader Jay Augustine joins us to offer a prophetic call to pastors, church leaders, and students to recover reconciliation as the heart of the church’s message to a divided world. Jay’s book Called to Reconciliation: How the Church Can Model Justice, Diversity, and Inclusion examines the intersection of the salvific, social, and civil forms of reconciliation through an engagement with Paul’s letters, the Black church, and social and political movements that seek justice for those marginalized by racism, class structures, and unjust legal systems.
Jonathan “Jay” C. Augustine (JD, Tulane University; DMin, Duke University) is a reconciliation scholar, ordained minister, and professor. In addition to serving as senior pastor of St. Joseph AME Church in Durham, North Carolina, and as national chaplain of Alpha Phi Alpha Fraternity, Inc., he is also a missional strategist with the Duke Center for Reconciliation and a professor at North Carolina Central University Law School. Augustine often speaks on topics related to race, reconciliation, diversity, and inclusion and has received numerous national awards and recognitions for his work in civil rights and social justice. He received a Lifetime Achievement Award from President Barack Obama, the National Bar Association’s 40 Lawyers Under 40 Award, and Ebony Magazine’s 30 Leaders of the Future recognition.
You can connect with Jay on Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, and his website.
Show notes / links:
- Join us in Indianapolis on June 4 for Attached to God: An Event with Krispin Mayfield – on Spiritual Attachment Styles (co-hosted with Fall Creek Abbey).
- Sign up for our Friday curated links emails.
- Jay mentioned the Center for Pastor Theologians
From our sponsor (that’s us!)
- Check out the Gravity Commons, a place to connect and learn with others in the Gravity community.
- Check out Gravity Leadership Academy, our 12-month training intensive for Christian leaders who want to bring lasting transformation to their culture.
Are you interested in advertising on the Gravity Leadership Podcast? Contact Gino Curcuruto at email@example.com.
Connect with Gravity Leadership
Join our online community (FREE) to get a curated list of interesting and edifying articles each week, plus free resources for leading like Jesus, living on mission, and making disciples. Head to https://gravityleadership.com/join or fill out the form below to join us.
Leave a Reply