Part 2 of our sixth missional theology axiom, which is that the goal of our discipleship is not moral perfection or cognitive certitude. The goal of discipleship is divine union.
In this episode, we talk specifically about this axiom affects not just our personal discipleship, but our entire leadership philosophy and practice, including the discipleship processes we implement in our churches. We critique “leadership as influence” and talk about practically how to lead in a different way.
Here are the links to previous episodes in this series:
- Axiom 1: God is Always Present and At Work, and Why That Matters
- Axiom 2: Why It Changes Everything if God is Just Like Jesus
- Axiom 3: God Meets Us Where We Really Are
- Axiom 4: God Cares More About It Than You Do
- Interlude: Reviewing and Riffing on the First 4 Axioms
- Axiom 5: What God Does Through You He Also Does In You
- Axiom 6: The Goal of Discipleship is Divine Union, Part 1