We added a 7th missional theology axiom because that’s what we do: change things as we go. It has to do with how we learn and grow. If the goal of our discipleship is divine union in love, the way we grow into love isn’t by getting more information about it, but by directly participating in it.
In this episode, we discuss how we learn and grow as disciples of Jesus in love not by detached analysis but by embodied participation.
Here are the links to previous episodes in this series:
- Axiom 1: God is Always Present and At Work, and Why That Matters
- Axiom 2: Why It Changes Everything if God is Just Like Jesus
- Axiom 3: God Meets Us Where We Really Are
- Axiom 4: God Cares More About It Than You Do
- Interlude: Reviewing and Riffing on the First 4 Axioms
- Axiom 5: What God Does Through You He Also Does In You
- Axiom 6: The Goal of Discipleship is Divine Union, Part 1
- Axiom 6: The Goal of Discipleship is Divine Union, Part 2
Thanks guys. This was the best practical explanation of this topic I have ever heard. I felt like I was hearing echoes of James K. A. Smith and Dallas Willard and I soaked it up. Will listen again in the days to come.
Ben Sternke says
Thanks Jenny! Glad it was helpful.