Nearly everyone knows someone on the autism spectrum, yet most of what people think they know about autism is wrong. Author, poet, and professor Daniel Bowman Jr. joins us for a conversation on how autism and other neurodiversities interact with our faith and relationships, and how neurodiversity can be received as a gift to ourselves and our communities. We also chat about art and faith!
Daniel’s book is On the Spectrum: Autism, Faith, and the Gifts of Neurodiversity. You can connect with him on his website, or on Twitter or Instagram.
Daniel lives in Hartford City, Indiana, where he is Associate Professor of English at Taylor University, Editor-in-Chief of Relief: A Journal of Art & Faith, and faculty advisor to Students for Education on Neurodiversity (SEND).
- Paul Walker’s Octoberfest Preztel Recipe
- “Styrofoam Jesus, Or, Autism and My First Communion,” by Daniel Bowman Jr.
From our sponsor
- Check out Gravity Leadership Academy, our 12-month training intensive for Christian leaders who want to bring lasting transformation to their culture.
Are you interested in advertising on the Gravity Leadership Podcast? Contact Gino Curcuruto at email@example.com.
Connect with Gravity Leadership
Here are a few ways to stay connected:
- Support out work on Patreon and get access to our Practitioner Podcast
- Join our online community (FREE) to get a curated list of interesting and edifying articles each week, plus free resources for leading like Jesus, living on mission, and making disciples. Fill out the form below to join us.
- We asked for it and you delivered! Check out Gravity’s Recipe page!
A special Thank You to our Membership Community on Patreon who help make this podcast possible:
Skeeter Seifert, David Veenstra, Jackie Harden, Brian Smith, Ron McGowin, Michael Linsner, Parker Williams, Sue Nellis, Craig Conaway, Lana, Jay, Matthew Aldas, Dan Bredberg, Catherine Savard, Jerry Bowling, Cody Reeder, Mike Scott, Andrew Boness, Rich & Heather Cordero, Mike and Christy Trabun, Robert H Lackie, Laura Moon, Matt Tebbe, Dr. Phillip Martin Corbell, Jenny Hackman Arnerl, David Stravers, Bryan Mills, Steve Earnshaw, Jesse Harden, Eric Nordgren, Matthew Young, Gino Curcuruto, Carla Daehnke, Greg Arthur, Megan Olson and others!