Christian spiritual formation resources and teachings have primarily come from Western spiritual traditions, which implicitly communicates that the white experience of God is the norm.
In Our Unforming: De-Westernizing Spiritual Formation, Cindy Lee proposes that, in our increasingly diverse contexts, we need new, non-Western cultural ways of being formed–turning from linear to cyclical, from cerebral to experiential, and from individual to collective.
Cindy S. Lee is a spiritual director and aspiring mystic and proudly Taiwanese-American. She leads retreats in the areas of Christian mysticism and BIPOC centered spirituality. She completed a PhD in Practical Theology in the area of Spiritual Formation from Claremont School of Theology. She teaches as an adjunct professor in the areas of Christian Spirituality and Spiritual Direction. In her free time, she enjoys street art, coffee, and exploring the city.
You can connect with Cindy on Instagram.
Connect with Gravity Leadership
- Leave us a message or ask a question about this or any other episode and we’ll answer it on a future episode.
- Join our online community for free to get a curated list of interesting and edifying links each week, plus all kinds of other goodies.
- Check out the Gravity Commons, a place to connect and learn with others in the Gravity community.
- Check out Gravity Leadership Academy, our 12-month training intensive for Christian leaders who want to bring lasting transformation to their culture.
- Are you interested in advertising on the Gravity Leadership Podcast? Contact us at email@example.com.
Leave a Reply