“People don’t abandon faith because they have doubts. People abandon faith because they think they’re not allowed to have doubts.” Austin Fischer is a pastor who almost stopped believing in God a few years ago because of his doubts.
He documented his journey and his discoveries about doubt in his book Faith in the Shadows: Finding Christ in the Midst of Doubt, and that’s what we talk about today on the podcast. Instead of abandoning faith because of our doubts, we learn to “doubt faithfully.”
Links and resources:
- Austin’s book Faith in the Shadows: Finding Christ in the Midst of Doubt
- More info on Austin
- Austin’s website: Purple Theology
- Follow Austin on Twitter: @austintfischer
- Another Gravity Leadership Podcast Episode about doubt – #20: Finding God in Our Doubts and Dark Places
- Gravity Leadership Academy | we’re always starting new cohorts!
If you found this episode of the Gravity Leadership Podcast helpful, please let us know by leaving a rating and review on iTunes, or wherever you review podcasts. You can also contact us to ask a question or suggest a topic for a future episode.
And fill out the form below to join the Gravity Leadership Community. You’ll get a curated list of interesting and edifying articles every week, plus FREE resources for leading like Jesus, living on mission, and making disciples.