How do you know if it’s time to quit? Pastors and ministry leaders get a lot of advice on how to keep going and persevere through difficult times, but not much advice on how to end a ministry well. When to close a church instead of find a way to keep it running.
In this episode, we interview Emily and Ron McGowin (who we’ve had on the podcast before), about their experience of closing a church they planted. We dive into some of their discernment behind this heart-wrenching decision, and hope that it offers wisdom and encouragement to our listeners.
Links and resources:
- Emily’s academic work and writing
- Some short videos from Emily on the purpose of the family, how families relate to the church, and 3 practices to help families grow as disciples on mission.
- Our podcast episode on finding God in the midst of doubts and dark places
- Our podcast episode on how God most fully meets us right where we’re really at
- Gravity Leadership Academy | we’re always starting new cohorts!
If you found this episode of the Gravity Leadership Podcast helpful, please let us know by leaving a rating and review on iTunes, or wherever you review podcasts. You can also contact us to ask a question or suggest a topic for a future episode.
And fill out the form below to join the Gravity Leadership Community. You’ll get a curated list of interesting and edifying articles every week, plus FREE resources for leading like Jesus, living on mission, and making disciples.