“God is love” sounds nice, but is it really, 100%, all the time true?? Or does God “balance” his love with wrath? In this episode, we interview Brad Jersak about the unique experiential way he learned to trust that God really is love, and that his love has the power to forgive and redeem the worst of our sin.
Brad Jersak is an author and teacher based in Abbotsford, BC. He serves as a reader and monastery preacher at All Saints of North America Orthodox Monastery. He also occasionally teaches at The Bridge in Abbotsford. Through his books and seminars, Brad shares the good news that God is Love, perfectly revealed in Jesus Christ. He teaches others how to encounter God through the practice of ”listening prayer,” through which God’s love heals wounded hearts and empowers us to heal this broken world.
Links and resources:
- BradJersak.com – resources and info about Brad’s ministry
- Christianity Without the Religion, the magazine Brad is the editor-in-chief for
- A More Christlike God: A More Beautiful Gospel, by Brad Jersak
- Her Gates Will Never Be Shut: Hope, Hell, and the New Jerusalem, by Brad Jersak
- Can You Hear Me? Tuning In to the God Who Speaks, by Brad Jersak (this is the book where Brad lays out the healing prayer process he references on our podcast)
- Clarion: A Journal of Spirituality and Justice, an online journal where Brad writes
- God is like Jesus (our 2nd missional theology axiom)
- Gravity Leadership National Gathering | Oct 26-27, 2018 | Indianapolis
- Gravity Leadership Academy | we’re always starting new cohorts!
If you found this episode of the Gravity Leadership Podcast helpful, please let us know by leaving a rating and review on iTunes, or wherever you review podcasts. You can also contact us to ask a question or suggest a topic for a future episode.
And fill out the form below to join the Gravity Leadership Community. You’ll get a curated list of interesting and edifying articles every week, plus FREE resources for leading like Jesus, living on mission, and making disciples.