Brian Zahnd joins us on the podcast today to talk about some of the profound theological shifts he’s gone through in the past few years, especially with regard to atonement theories (*wink wink*), and how to navigate that kind of journey without shipwrecking your life or blowing up your church.
We ask him for some practical advice for leaders who are going through theological paradigm shifts, but aren’t sure how to talk about it with the people they’re leading. This is really helpful stuff.
Here are some links to additional resources you might find helpful:
- Our previous podcast episode with Brian Zahnd on learning to pray
- Brian’s blog post on why he started the Water to Wine Gathering
- The Water to Wine Gathering website, where you can register to attend
- Brian’s books that we mentioned:
- Unconditional?: The Call of Jesus to Radical Forgiveness
- Beauty Will Save the World: Rediscovering the Allure and Mystery of Christianity
- A Farewell to Mars: An Evangelical Pastor’s Journey Toward the Biblical Gospel of Peace
- Water to Wine: Some of My Story
- Sinners in the Hands of a Loving God: The Scandalous Truth of the Very Good News