We recap our initial podcast series on our 7 missional theology axioms, and spend some time talking about why we need axioms like these in the first place.
We talk about the drawbacks of our inherited “Christendom” culture, and the ways it blinds us to being able to see and participate in the mission of God. There’s a difference between the container and the content, and when we try to put new content into an old container, we oftentimes run into trouble.
Here are the links to previous episodes in this series:
- Axiom 1: God is Always Present and At Work, and Why That Matters
- Axiom 2: Why It Changes Everything if God is Just Like Jesus
- Axiom 3: God Meets Us Where We Really Are
- Axiom 4: God Cares More About It Than You Do
- Interlude: Reviewing and Riffing on the First 4 Axioms
- Axiom 5: What God Does Through You He Also Does In You
- Axiom 6: The Goal of Discipleship is Divine Union, Part 1
- Axiom 6: The Goal of Discipleship is Divine Union, Part 2
- Axiom 7: We Learn Love Through Embodied Participation