A live, interactive online workshop on how to love and disciple your kids well, even when they’re driving you crazy.
Saturday May 16, 2020
1-4pm EDT / $47
Parenting in a pandemic is HARD
The coronavirus and the resulting “stay-at-home” orders have produced all kinds of new pressures and frustrations for parents and kids:
- Parents are trying to work from home, AND facilitate e-learning for their kids.
- Kids can’t do many of the activities they used to in order to “blow off steam,” like go outside and play with their friends.
- We are just with each other ALL. THE. TIME.
Parenting is hard enough in NORMAL times, anyway
Parenting is one of the most important and difficult jobs we have, and most of us don’t feel equipped to do it well.
We worry keeping our kids safe from bad influences, and often try to get our kids to “behave” by nagging, bribing, yelling.
But what if parenting could be different?
What if parenting could be a deeply fulfilling process of discipleship for our kids (and us)? Parenting that goes beyond getting kids to behave and instead deeply empowers them to live as disciples of Jesus? Parenting as discipleship?
That’s what we’ll talk about at this special online workshop we’ve developed, based on our Parenting in Grace and Truth Workshop.
We explore what it means to raise kids who are connected to God, their parents, and their peers, and empowered to live as disciples of Jesus in their everyday lives.
Whether your kids are 4, 14, or 44, parenting is a lifelong task, and the principles in this workshop work for the entire journey of parenting, and we’ll be focusing especially on the unique challenges that have emerged during the coronavirus quarantine.
Here’s what you’ll learn:
- How to “abide” in grace and truth in every interaction with your kids
- How to identify when you’re getting in the way of your kid’s growth
- How to decode a temper tantrum
- How to make sure your kids are getting the two things every kid needs
- How to let go of control and empower your kids to make good choices
- How to disciple your kids as you parent them
The workshop will take place online via Zoom on Saturday May 16, 2020, 1-4pm EDT.
- 1:00 – 2:20pm | Session 1: Five Axioms For Parenting (with Q&A)
- 2:20 – 2:30pm | Break
- 2:30 – 3:30pm | Session 2: Practical Strategies For Parenting in Quarantine (with Q&A)
- 3:30 – 4:30pm | Session 3: Taking a Practical Step
Fill out the form below to ask a question about this online workshop: