It’s about paradigms, not just practices
Even in the most well-intentioned of discipleship efforts, a common pitfall we see often is a focus on practices rather than doing the deeper work of learning to live in a new paradigm. Before our spiritual practices will yield good fruit, they must be integrated with a new paradigm: a new way of seeing God, ourselves, and the world.
In our new book Having the Mind of Christ we share eight “axioms” that give us new lenses through which to see everything: reframing the way that we see God, ourselves, and others.
Learn together in community
This fall we are offering a 10-week online Learning Community for those who want to explore how the paradigm expressed in these eight axioms can open us up to the transformational change we desire.
Connect with a community of like-minded practitioners who want to take the eight axioms from their heads into their lives. In each meeting, we will create space to discuss our personal reactions and responses to each axiom. We’ll discern together what God is doing and saying and how to craft experiments of trust that result in transformation.
The Learning Community will consist of:
- 10 Zoom meetings (Thursdays 8:00-9:15pm ET) starting Sep 15, and
- Access to a Slack (chat) channel for discussion between meetings.
Participants will be expected to:
- Read the assigned chapters of Having the Mind of Christ each week,
- Commit to attending (most of) the ten sessions (Thursdays 8:00-9:15pm ET Sep 15 – Nov 17, 2022),
- Come prepared to engage with the ideas, share with one another, and experience mutual accountability, and
- Maintain confidentiality.
Thursdays 8:00-9:15pm ET, Sep 15 – Nov 17, 2022
Price: $99 (FREE for Gravity Commons members)
To join us, you can
- Register for the Learning Community only ($99) or
- Join the Gravity Commons ($25/month).
Already a Gravity Commons member? Login for info on how to sign up for the Learning Community.