A live, interactive online workshop on how to use the Enneagram to grow spiritually when you’re stressed out of your mind.
Saturday May 9, 2020
1-4pm EDT / $47
Anyone feeling stressed out?
The coronavirus and the resulting “stay-at-home” orders have put all kinds of new pressures and stresses on all of us.
- Parents are trying to work from home while help their kids with e-learning.
- Some still need to go to work, but under very anxiety-inducing circumstances.
- Many are losing income with no good job prospects in sight.
The coronavirus is revealing reality to us!
But even though these new pressures are difficult to manage, there’s also an opportunity for transformation hidden in them. When the “insulation” of normalcy is stripped away, we get a better look at the actual state of our souls.
As C.S. Lewis said, “Provocation doesn’t make me ill-tempered; it only reveals how ill-tempered I am.” As difficult as it is to have these realizations, there is immense grace from God that meets us when we choose to be present to these realities. This is the starting place for any process of spiritual transformation.
We’ll talk specifically in this online workshop about how each Enneagram type deals with crisis and stress, and how we can use this knowledge to open ourselves more fully to God’s grace for the transformation of our souls into Christlikeness.
A tool for deeper spiritual formation
The Enneagram is a newly revived, yet ancient personality typing system that will profoundly deepen your understanding of and love for yourself, others and God. More than just new information about your personality, the Enneagram opens up powerful possibilities for deep spiritual transformation, in LOTS of areas:
- Increased self-awareness: The Enneagram provides deep insight into the patterns in our personalities that keep us trapped.
- Marriage relationships: The Enneagram can be enormously helpful for married couples to more deeply understand each other, have compassion for each other, and handle conflict better.
- Team/organization dynamics: The Enneagram opens up new possibilities for teams and organizations to operate in a more open, healthy way. Healthy teams are productive teams.
We have been disappointed to have to cancel so many of our live workshops because of coronavirus, but we’re feeling energized by the opportunity to open up this training to more people by bringing it into the online space. In this modified 3-hour online Enneagram workshop, you will:
- Discover the 3 centers and 9 types of the Enneagram, which one you might be, and why that matters,
- Learn how each Enneagram type deals with stress and responds to crisis, and why our current moment offers us a unique opportunity for transformation,
- Grow in your compassion for and understanding of yourself and others,
- Laugh quite a bit (seriously, we laugh a lot in these workshops),
- Learn how to craft a “transformation experiment” based on your type that moves you toward greater awareness and Christlikeness, and
- Learn how to communicate more effectively with friends, family, and coworkers.
- 1:00 – 2:15pm: The 9 Types of the Enneagram (with Q&A)
- 2:20 – 2:30pm: Break
- 2:30 – 3:30pm: How Each Enneagram Type Deals with Stress (with Q&A)
- 3:30 – 4:00pm: How to Design a Transformation Experiment
You don’t need to know anything about the Enneagram before you come to benefit from this workshop. It’s intended to introduce people to the Enneagram and get them started on a lifelong journey of discovery.
And even if you know quite a bit about the Enneagram, being able to hear new insights and craft a transformation experiment will make this workshop quite worth your while.
Meet your facilitator
Ben Sternke facilitates our Enneagram Workshops.
Ben has been in Christian ministry for over 21 years, and has been coaching, consulting, and training leaders since 2010.
Ben was introduced to the Enneagram in 2006. He has been studying and training in it ever since, bringing its insights into pastoral counseling, discipleship, coaching, and consulting environments.
What others are saying
“Not only did our church thoroughly enjoy the Enneagram Transformation Workshop, we saw the tangible benefits in the months that followed. There were honest conversations about how our renewed self-understanding could help us love each other and our neighbors better. It introduced language and practices that have helped us rethink our approach to relationships. Highly recommend!”
– Justin in Lexington, Kentucky
“The Enneagram Transformation Workshop was so helpful for all of the folks who attended from our church… Several couples have commented since that this weekend spent together will be looked back upon as a milestone in their marriage and a leap forward in their understanding of each other. I am so glad we did this.” – Josh in Fremont, Indiana
“This workshop was a fantastic experience for our church. It truly does cater to everyone: your level of understanding of the Enneagram can be anywhere on the scale. Ben is a fantastic teacher and coach, and really gave us a great understanding of each type and displayed incredible compassion for each type. We definitely will have this workshop back at our church again!”
– Tyler in Marietta, Georgia
“This workshop was a great experience for me and our church. I was familiar with the Enneagram, but the workshop brought it to life in a new way, helping me dig deeper into how I am wired and leading to great conversations and discovery. I would encourage any church to invest in this workshop if you’re interested in learning more about the Enneagram and how to apply it in life and ministry.”
– Kevin in Fort Wayne, Indiana