Burnout happens when we don’t consistently don’t take care of our souls, and many of us have hidden internal narratives, or false beliefs, that prevent us from seeking the care we need.
In this interactive Zoom meetup, Bethany Dearborn Hiser she helped us uncover our false internal narratives through self-reflection, discussion, and guided prayer.
This recording will be freely available until Sunday, April 25, and afterward will be archived in the Gravity Commons, where you can join us for more conversations like this one! It’s our online membership community for Christians who want to wrestle with following Jesus in the midst of post-Christendom.
Resources and links:
- For more conversations like these each month, join us in the Gravity Commons.
- From Burned Out to Beloved: Soul Care for Wounded Healers by Bethany Dearborn Hiser
- Soul Care For Wounded Healers: Bethany’s monthly soul care newsletter, where she shares a reflection, resources, events, etc.
- Bethany’s Soul Care For Wounded Healers Facebook page.
- Pre-order our upcoming book Having the Mind of Christ: Eight Axioms to Cultivate a Robust Faith.
- Join a Gravity Leadership Academy cohort.
Resources for further learning:
- The Heart of Racial Justice: How Soul Change Leads to Social Change by Brenda Salter McNeil and Rick Richardson
- My Grandmother’s Hands: Racialized Trauma and the Pathway to Mending Our Hearts and Bodies by Resmaa Menakem
- The Gift of Being Yourself by David Benner
- Life of the Beloved by Henri Nouwen
- The Genesis Process: For Change Groups by Michael Dye
- Bethany Dearborn Hiser: Soul Care For Wounded Healers (podcast episode)